8 reads
Leave a comment

Carl Conyers Jr., 21, the son of Michigan Rep. John Conyers, has been found in Houston, Texas, after being reported missing on Tuesday. According to police officials in Houston, he was discovered unharmed on Friday. Prior to being found, Conyers was last spotted by his roommate near the University of Houston, where he is enrolled. When his girlfriend noticed that things were left out of order in his bedroom and hadn’t heard from him, his roommate took to social media to share that Conyers Jr.  had gone missing. His mother, Monica Conyers, flew to Houston on Thursday to plead for her son to make a safe return home. “I just want my son to come home,” she said. “If something happened, if you have my son, just let him go. … Carl, if something has happened to you, just come home.” Although his family is relieved that he has been found, officials are continuing to look into what led to the disappearance. His 87-year-old father is the longest person to serve in the U.S. House of Representatives, serving in Congress for 51 years. Read more.


Kanye West: ‘I Would Have Voted for Trump’

Chicago-bred rapper Kanye West isn’t one to hold his tongue. The outspoken artist recently shared his thoughts about the presidential election. During a concert in San Jose, California, he shared that he would have voted for President-elect Donald Trump. “I told you all I didn’t vote right? … But if I were to have voted, I would have voted for Trump,” he said. “This is about the idea of a Black guy liking Trump. They thought they had me because … just because I was Black or just because I was a celebrity. But Trump is our president. And that would’ve been my vote, so I feel right.” West’s comment sparked a lot of boos throughout the crowd, but some audience members clapped. Several people took to social media to criticize West for his comments. During the VMA’s last year, West declared that he was thinking about running for president in 2020. Read more.


Donald Trump Eyes Mitt Romney for Secretary of State 

President-elect Donald Trump is reportedly eyeing Republican Mitt Romney to take on the secretary of state role within his administration. According to reports, the two will meet this weekend to discuss the position. Trump and Romney, who was the 2012 GOP presidential nominee, haven’t always seen eye-to-eye. During Trump’s campaign trail, Romney was one of his staunchest critics. He even once said that Trump was “playing the American people for suckers.” Some Republicans are hopeful about the exchange that Trump and Romney will have. “I think it’s good that the president-elect is meeting with people like Romney. There are a lot of talented people that he needs good relationships with,” said Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions, whom the president-elect is also weighing for a cabinet position. Trump is also considering having individuals like former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former CIA Director David Petraeus, and South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley in his cabinet. Read more.


Gorilla Barrier at Harambe Exhibit Was 40-Years-Old

New details have emerged about the death of Harambe, a gorilla who was shot and killed after a 3-year-old boy fell into an exhibit at the Cincinnati Zoo. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the barrier that blocked Harambe from visitors was nearly four decades old. “The barrier had been in existence since 1978 with no updates,” said USDA spokeswoman Tanya Espinosa. “While there had not been any issues prior to the May 28th incident, it became apparent on May 28th that the barrier was no longer effective.” The zoo has since replaced the fence since the USDA released its findings, however, zoo officials still could be slapped with fines and a suspension. Cincinnati Zoo Director Thane Maynard released a statement Thursday, saying, “We remain committed to visitor and animal safety and will continue to work with the USDA and the Association of Zoos and Aquariums to ensure that our exhibits meet or exceed standards.” Read more.


NFL Star Von Miller Tries To Prevent Sex Tape Leak

NFL star Von Miller’s actions from the past are coming back to haunt him. Miller, who is a Super Bowl MVP, is looking to prevent a sex tape that he recorded a few months ago from leaking. His legal team has asked a Los Angeles judge to place a restraining order against the woman featured in the tape to prevent her from profiting making a profit from its sale. She allegedly offered to sell the tape to Miller for $2.5 million. His lawyer claims that Miller “depends on the appeal of his persona to many different people from virtually all walks of life, including families and children” and the release of this tape would harm his image. Earlier this year, Miller inked a six-year, $114.5 million agreement with the Denver Broncos which made him the top-earning defensive player in the NFL. Read more.

SEE ALSO:

CBC Message To America: Rep. Conyers Breaks Down The Root Cause Of Crime & Poverty

Mother Of Toddler Who Fell In Gorilla Exhibit Won’t Be Charged

Also On 97.9 The Beat:
comments – Add Yours