, also known as the rapper Childish Gambino
, has long supplemented his rap career with writing for television. Last seen as half of the fan-favorite comedy duo “Troy & Abed” on NBC’s Community, it’s been a while since he’s graced our TV screens. This past weekend, however, the first episode of Gambino’s own show, Atlanta, premiered on FX, and the reviews are pretty much stellar all around.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Headkrack watched the episode too, and he’s got a couple good reasons why it’s going to be a good idea to hop on this show’s bandwagon early. Seriously- it might even be Emmy material. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this edition of the Hip-Hop Spot.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” live weekdays 6-10am EST.
RELATED: Gary With Da Tea Gets Twerk Lessons From “Little Women: Atlanta” Cast Members! [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Rickey Smiley Shocks Juicy With Gospel Ode To “Little Women: Atlanta” [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Gary’s Tea: Has A New “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” Cast Member Been Discovered? [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
Singers & Rappers Turned Actors
10 photos Launch gallery
1. Snoop Dogg has become an enduring fixture on the big screen as well as the small screen,
1 of 10
2. 50 Cent lost up to 54 pounds in order to accurately portray his emaciated character in the film All Things Fall Apart.
2 of 10
3. Mos Def starred in Monster’s Ball, 16 Blocks, The Italian Job,The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy and Be Kind Rewind and more.
3 of 10
4. LL Cool J has been in several movies and co-stars on a popular television series NCIS Los Angeles.
4 of 10
5. T.I. had a supporting role in American Gangster and was one of the lead characters in Takers.
5 of 10
6. DMX has parlayed his rough, rugged, and raw presence in to several movies.
6 of 10
7 of 10
8. Alicia Keys was smokin’ hot in the 2006 movie ‘Smokin’ Aces’
8 of 10
9. Andre 3000 has made numerous guest appearances on television. He scored the lead role in the Jimi Hendrix biopic.
9 of 10
10. Eminem turned to acting in the movie 8 Mile which was loosely based on his life.
10 of 10