And the saga continues.
Back in March, Young Thug surprised the hip-hop community when he announced he was titling his forthcoming project Tha Carter VI after Lil Wayne’s Carter album series.
The news didn’t go over well with Lil Wayne (obviously), but Young Thug insisted he wasn’t changing the title because he sees it as “paying homage” to the New Orleans rapper.
Well, it appears things have finally come to a head and amid the threat of legal action, Young Thug is changing the mixtape name to Tha Barter VI.
The Atlanta native hopped on Instagram to make the official announcement:
“Can’t name the mixtape Tha Carter VI cause these f*ck ass n*ggas tryna sue…just like some hoes.”
While Lil Wayne’s long-delayed Tha Carter V has no release date, Tha Barter VI will arrive April 17.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
17 Photos Of Lil Wayne & Birdman During Happier Times
12 photos Launch gallery
1. Because bros have each other’s backs.
1 of 12
2. Because bros hit the stage together.
2 of 12
3. Because bros tell each other jokes.
3 of 12
4. Because bros pose for pics together.
4 of 12
5. Because bros style on ’em in photo shoots.
5 of 12
6. Because bros shine together.
6 of 12
7. Because bros give bros hugs.
7 of 12
8. Because bros squash the beef no matter what.
8 of 12
9. Because bros make hits together.
9 of 12
10. Because bros rap together.
10 of 12
11. Because bros endure boring events together.
11 of 12
12. Because bros give each other props.
12 of 12