Following the release of “How That Taste” and her duet with BJ The Chicago Kid, “Down For You,” Bay Area singer/songwriter Kehlani releases a brand new banger titled “Jealous” featuring Lexii Alijai.
Complex premiered the song earlier this afternoon, and in email correspondence, Kehlani explained the concept behind her latest Jahaan Sweet-produced track:
“Jealous is about recognizing intention… having to end things with someone because they’re about your lifestyle, not necessarily you.”
Kehlani recently stopped by GlobalGrind’s offices, where she discussed her new project You Should Be Here, growing up tough and being raised by her aunt, her love for tattoos, and Nick Cannon being her mentor.
“Jealous” will be featured on Kehlani’s forthcoming album You Should Be Here, which drops April 28. To pre-order the 19-year-old’s new work, click here.
Take a listen to Kehlani’s latest offering below.
15 Celebrities Who Rocked Crazy Hair Colors
15 photos Launch gallery
1. Amber Rose has had the blues lately, and her new hairstyle reflects that.
1 of 15
2. Lady Gaga is known for bizarre looks and her flame-colored hair was no different.
2 of 15
3. Katy Perry has rocked nearly all the colors of the rainbow: pink, purple, blonde, and blue.
3 of 15
4. Nicki Minaj promoted “Pink Friday” in the best way possible: with pink hair.
4 of 15
5. Willow Smith wasn’t too scared to step out with a money green pixie cut.
5 of 15
6. Rihanna started a major trend when she wore “ice gray” locks.
6 of 15
7. Kesha walked the AMAs red carpet with rainbow-colored hair.
7 of 15
8. Newly single Wiz Khalifa wanted a change, and went for purple dreads.
8 of 15
9. Before Wiz, purple hair also got the co-sign from Chris Brown.
9 of 15
10. Kelly Osbourne turned it up a notch and rocked a purple mohawk.
10 of 15
11. Hilary Duff shocked everyone when she dyed her blonde locks a bold blue.
11 of 15
12. Back in 1999, No Doubt were some of the first mainstream celebs to wear wild hairstyles.
12 of 15
13. Azealia Banks loves to experiment with hair colors and fiery red was one of her best looks.
13 of 15
14. After rocking red highlights, Snooki went all the way and became a full redhead.
14 of 15
15. Although it didn’t quite get the support from her famous family, Kylie Jenner loved her blue hair.
15 of 15