According to DallasNews:
Here’s a list of 10 of the top high school players in the area. Note: this list doesn’t include players who are out with season-ending injuries (such as Prestonwood’s Julius Randle or Mickey Mitchell) or Prime Prep players (Emmanuel Mudiay, Jordan Mickey, Karviar Shepherd or Elijah Thomas).
1) Keith Frazier, Kimball, Sr.: Currently ranked in the Top 25 in the nation from the Class of 2013 from Rivals, ESPN and Scout. Frazier exploded for 22 points against Pinkston in a 79-44 win.
2) Matt Jones, DeSoto, Sr.: Jones scuffled in a 47-45 loss to South Grand Prairie, DeSoto’s third loss of the season. He scored 13, but was 2 for 12 from the field.
3) Kendal Yancy-Harris, Richardson Berkner, Sr.: Yancy-Harris leads 5A area players in assists (8.1 APG). According to Rivals.com, he has asked Southern Cal from a release from the Letter of Intent he signed in the fall, after Kevin O’Neill was fired.
4) Jeffrey Carroll, Rowlett, Sr.: The 6-5 Oklahoma State signee has been the 5A leader in scoring for most of this season. He scored 24 in a 69-66 win over South Garland on Friday.
5) Brandon Parrish, Arlington Seguin, Sr.: The 6-5 small forward, signed with TCU, is averaging 15.0 points and 5.5 rebounds for the state’s No. 5 ranked 4A team.
6) Leyton Hammonds, Richland, Sr.: The Oklahoma State signee is averaging 19.8 points and 10.2 rebounds for Richland (18-7, 8-1 in 4-5A).
7) Soma Edo, Richardson Berkner, Sr.: The Fresno State pledge is one of five area 5A players averaging double-digits in points and rebounds: 16.9 points, 10.7 rebounds.
8) King McClure, Triple A Academy, So.: Last season’s SportsDayHS newcomer of the year is averaging 22 points, 6.0 rebounds and 3.8 assists for the state’s top-ranked Class 1A Division I team.
9) Elbert Robinson, Garland Lakeview Centennial, Jr.: The 6-11, 260-pound Robinson is averaging 11.9 points and 10.4 rebounds for Lakeview Centennial, which is currently sitting atop 11-5A (23-6, 8-0).
10) Zach Coleman, Woodrow Wilson, Sr.: The UMass signee leads 4A area players in rebounds (14.1) and is fifth in points (18.4).
Here’s a list of 10 of the top high school girls basketball players in the Dallas area:
1. Ariel Atkins, Jr., G., Duncanville: Atkins scored 20 points in Duncanville’s 69-33 blowout of Cedar Hill. She’s averaging 16.4 points, 6.1 rebounds and 4.8 assists for the top-ranked Pantherettes.
2. Breanna Hayden, Sr., G, Madison: The Baylor signee leads all area scorers with 29.9 points per game. She’s also averaging 8.9 rebounds.
3. Lili Thompson, Sr., G, Mansfield Timberview: The Stanford signee scored 27 points in Timberview’s pair of wins last week against Mansfield and Grand Prairie.
4. McKenzie Adams, Sr., G, Frisco Centennial: Adams scored 34 points in Centennial’s 55-47 victory against Frisco Wakeland. She signed with Arkansas.
5. Diamond Lockhart, Sr., G, Red Oak: The senior Texas Tech signee averaged 14 points in Red Oak’s victories against Mansfield Lake Ridge and Mansfield Legacy last week.
6. Jada Terry, Sr., F, Cedar Hill: The Texas A&M signee wasn’t much of a factor in Cedar Hill’s loss to top-ranked Duncanville. She scored a team-high 10 points against DeSoto.
7. Kiara Perry, Sr., G, Duncanville: The SMU signee averaged 17 points in Duncanville’s victories against Midlothian and Cedar Hill. She’s averaging 14.6 points and 6.4 rebounds.
8. Kennedy Leonard, So., G, Southlake Carroll: The sophomore point guard had a big week. She scored 19 points against Richland and added 26 more against Justin Northwest.
9. Destiny Nunley, Sr., F, Richland: The Harvard signee is averaging a double-double with 17.2 points and 10.8 rebounds per game.
10. Tory Jacobs, Jr., G/F, Irving MacArthur: The junior is averaging 20.1 points and 7.6 rebounds for Irving MacArthur, which is tied for first place in District 6-5A.