A black surgical mask that Michael Jackson allegedly wore the night before he died in 2009 has hit the auction block — and the bids have already surpassed $20,000.
According to the auction house — Nate D. Sanders Auctions — MJ wore the mask (above) while rehearsing for his “This Is It” concert tour on June 24th, 2009 … the singer’s last ever rehearsal.
The auction house claims the mask — made of silk fabric, personally designed by the King of Pop — contains visible traces of MJ’s stage make-up along with a strand of his black hair.
One of MJ’s former bodyguards was in possession of the mask, and swears by its authenticity. MJ famously wore surgical masks outdoors as a form of disguise.
Reported Via TMZ.com
Also On 97.9 The Beat:
11 photos Launch gallery
1 of 11
2. The Franklins bring in the New Year.
2 of 11
3. One of the most beautiful usies ever.
3 of 11
4. That slow motion love kiss.
4 of 11
5. That looking blessed love.
5 of 11
6. Check out their matching red outfits.
6 of 11
7. Check out this adorable “we are looking in the same direction” picture.
7 of 11
8. The couple works together too.
8 of 11
9. So cute!
9 of 11
10. A couple that flies together, stays together.
10 of 11
11. The sun is glowing, just like their love.
11 of 11